• Contact us
  • Japanese

1841

Shima kokubunji

Groundbreaking for this building was around 1829, and the main construction work began around 1837. It is thought that the dedication ceremony was held in 1841, and the completion ceremony was held in 1843. When it was founded, this temple had 810,000 square meters of land, complete with a pagoda and a cathedral, but now only the main hall, the priest’s living quarters and a small temple gate remain.